The Mental Health Services LCO (Legislative Competence Order) Committee is made up of:
• Janice Gregory (Labour, Ogmore)
• Val Lloyd (Labour, Swansea East)
• Bethan Jenkins (Plaid Cymru, South Wales West)
• David Melding (Conservative, South Wales Central)
• Jenny Randerson (Liberal Democrat, Cardiff Central)
The establishment of the committee follows the tabling last week by Shadow Health Minister Jonathan Morgan AM of a draft Legislative Competence Order which seeks to devolve aspects of mental health law from Westminster to Cardiff Bay.
Assembly Members want the proposed new legislation to give patients the right to earlier assessment and treatment, along with the right of independent advocacy.
To find out more, click here.